Oh well hello there!
And welcome to my corner of the internet. I’m SEO and Visibility Queen Maddy Shine and, alongside my trusty sidekicks Gladys, Gloria, Patsy and Eddie*, I am so glad you’re here. In the (almost) words of Olivia Newton-John, let’s get visible, visible…
You *may* have already got the impression that I don’t do things by halves – and you would be entirely correct, my friend. My SEO and visibility coaching is delivered with precisely the same levels of oomph.
I help brilliantly ambitious independent business owners like you get more sales by seeking exciting opportunities – which is what I like to call SEO, because ‘search engine optimisation’ sounds like a very dark art indeed – and, ultimately, nailing those sales once you’re there.
Getting you to page one on Google is only half the battle – I also help your clients see you as the only one worth booking.
Now, I know what you’re thinking – but Maddy, I hear you say, SEO is dry, dull and [insert other less polite words here], and you don’t seem particularly dry or dull (thanks, that’s so kind of you to say!) But don’t confuse fun and fluff – my approach to SEO, visibility and life in general is to make it as fun as possible, but this doesn’t mean it’s wishy-washy, or all enthusiastic talk.
I get results and have fun whilst doing it, and my favourite thing in the whole wide world is teaching you how to get results too.
These are a few of my favourite things
Speaking of favourite things in the whole world, here’s some more about me, so we can get to know each other better… *pats seat next to me at the bar for you to sit down, slides your favourite tipple towards you*
🤩 My favourite episode of Friends is the one with Ross and the fake tan
🤩 My favourite episode of Schitt’s Creek is the one where Patrick sings Simply the Best
🤩 My favourite Parks and Recreation character is Leslie Knope.
🇮🇳 I’ve spent two and a half years of my life travelling and living in India, and once taught a group of Tibetan monks to sing All My Life by the Beatles when I lived in the Himalayas (yes, really!).
💖 I can always be found wearing big, colourful earrings – I feel totally naked without them – and could blissfully dive into a bowl of carbonara every day for the rest of my life.
😍 Also? Sandi Toksvig once called me a very clever girl, which is a cherished moment I will take to the grave.
🧘♀️ I have a daily meditation practice that helps me relax and stay focused and solution-orientated no matter what, and after that I’ll probably be listening to a musical soundtrack (my current favourite is Everyone’s Talking About Jamie) or my own podcast if I’m feeling self-indulgent.
🥰 The only thing I love more than all of the above is my toddler niece, whose image I would like tattooed on the inside of my eyelids, please and thank you.
My commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
I wish to be 100% clear that I love to work with people regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, cultural background or sexuality.
- I choose to work with businesses who have the same values, so this is a key factor when choosing which events I speak at and with brands I collaborate with.
- I actively look for diverse voices and perspectives shared across my platforms
- I actively seek opportunities to support black women in business.
- I research all businesses whose services I pay for to ensure their diversity and inclusion practices are clear and explicit
- I am actively learning about anti-racism from books, articles, consultants and much more.
I’m looking to work with:
- Passionate, hardworking, entrepreneurs.
- All tech abilities welcome, from technophobe to tech wannabe wizard.
- Must have own business.
- Must be open-minded to try new methods and techniques.
- Looking to increase visibility, like, now.
- Eccentric behaviour always encouraged but not necessary, but must be willing to stand out from the crowd.
Now, I’m keen to know more about you, you brilliant wonder being you, so if you want to know more about how I can help you increase your visibility and get you fully booked by your dream clients, please click the link below – I can’t wait to chat!