It's all go pre-holiday this week which is why it's so good to look back on the week and go ahhh, I achieved a lot, had a lot of fun, but I'm quite ready for some time off 😀By focusing on what went well each week, it gives me the opportunity to stop, and be grateful! I don’t think we give ourselves enough credit for doing all this hard work, right? I've upgraded this into not only what I love but wha I think you'll love too....so here’s what I loved this week:
And now I'm off to get blued up, spruced up and pack up as I'm off on my trip to Mexico on Sunday.
Come and follow me on Insta
as I'll be popping on there to spread some sunshine with any luck
Dance break requests on the beach anyone?
What did you love this week? I love to hear from you 🙂
P.S. When I get back, I'll be sharing some juicy announcements, so watch this space!
So, in light of last Friday's #ThingsILoveFridays post, I'm sharing again here and phew! what a week. So good to reflect, look back on the week and check in with myself. Gives me the opportunity to stop, and be grateful! It sounds pretty out there, but I don’t think we give ourselves enough credit for doing all this hard work, right? Right?!
With that in mind, here’s what I loved this week:
- Thinking about whether SEO is dead and sharing some thoughts (spoiler alert: I strongly disagree)
- Speaking to lots of new people on breakthrough calls about my Let’s Get You Found program and enrolling quite a few
- Coming ever more into the realisation that with being more visible, you get just as many people not wanting to hear from you as people very much wanting to hear from you, and that doesn't mean they're not your ideal clients, and you don't have to take it personally!
- Learning about sustainability and fashion from Stefania at One of a Style (I can’t wait to share her Gin & Magic episode!)
- Spending some wonderful time at my soon-to-be new co-working space The Wing (I cried happy tears more than once)
- Receiving branding shots taken by the legend John Nassari (Have you considered having branding photos done? It’s wonderful for the confidence)
- Devouring some lush Indian sweets from my developer - happy Diwali! (Still on my goals list to be in India for Diwali, as I always missed it in the past when I lived there!)
- Signing up to Talking Shrimp Inbox Hero course (not an affiliate just a huge fan).
- Getting organised! Spring cleaned all my email templates using Hubspot (free version).
- Went a bit nuts on buying clothes for my upcoming holiday to Mexico to be honest (Dancing Leopard, I’m looking at you)
- Drafting my handover doc for one of Team Shine to look after my inbox whilst I’m away! #organised
- This proving popular in my DMs
- Participating in Lisa Johnson’s passive income challenge (have you thought about passive income? Not an affiliate!)
- Booking in some fun-looking classes at Rachael Kay Albers’ Toilet Seat Summit next week (the tongue-in-cheek title is quite wonderful, check it out).
- Going to see Hannah Gadsby in her show Douglas (the sequel to her Netflix special Nanette (tickets for UK dates still available here)
- Onboarding a new client for my Shine SEO Done for You service (and spruced up the copy - thoughts?)
What did you love this week? I love to hear from you 🙂
P.S. I’m off to see an absolute legend tomorrow - can you guess who it is? Come and check my Instagram to find out #BrownPaperParcelsTiedUpWithString
P.P.S New biz blog post filled with top tips coming Monday!
So, I've decided to bring you all into the fold a little more.
It kicked off last Friday night when I went to see the iconic Jonathan Van Ness, grooming expert from Queer Eye in his stand up show. He was positivity personified and I almost died from smiling so much. But he also shared how his personality radically differs between Instagram and Twitter and it got me thinking even more about how I feel so differently about those two platforms that I'm actually not even active on Twitter really any more, and yet I love dancing on Instagram.
You see, there's something about this time of year and the seasonal change in the air that always makes me think, 'right Mads, gotta change things up', that forces me to look at what's working and what drives conversation.
One such thing that *always* comes up when I meet people who follow me in real life is my #ThingsILoveFridays💖 that I share on Instagram but that I've been thinking I want to be a little more useful and informative rather than just a 'look at me' kinda moment. I started this hashtag over a year ago and it's always been useful for me to focus on what went right in a week rather than what went, shall we say, slightly off plan. I know, there's no such thing as failures, only opportunities, but hey, I'm human too.
So with all this in mind, here's some things I loved this week, that I thought you might too.
- A lively debate started off in my Facebook community about whether SEO might be dead. (Newsflash: it isn't and more on this to come)
- I've been loving hard on Ash Ambirge’s content for years but her latest post "You Don’t Exist to Please Dipsh*ts" is quite wonderful.
- I've been loving speaking to so many people about my 10 week Let's Get You Found program. We chat on the phone for 45 minutes about their business and they decide if they want to enrol. No pressure, and always helpful.
- I've been back to it with responding to pretty much everything with GIFs and Bitmojis to everything. It communicates *so* much without words, and in a world where punctuation can be misconstrued, why not just use GIFs, haha.
- I tend to spend like Liberace when sales go remotely well, so reading 33 money lessons from Tarzan Kay was enlightening!
- I spent time studying a new launch strategy technique for next time from Lisa Johnson - I've been a member of GSD Society since it began but rarely make time for it. OMG so meaty.
- Learning how my Myers-Briggs profile could match to a new style of marketing - I'm an ESFJ. What are you?
- Everything Talking Shrimp is brilliant.
- Walking around Soho and the West End of London is one of my favourite things to do but I don't do it enough. Just talking with a good friend and telling stories and before we knew it was 10 miles. I hadn't realised how much of a difference it makes tbh.
- Catching up on Catherine the Great - Helen Mirren is fab.
- And of course, discovering the joy of going blue (OAPs and small children stare at you, a lot).
What can you celebrate from your week?
Maddy Shine x
P.S. New blog post filled with SEO advice coming Monday!